You are hereHome » Vacancies
Part time Coordinator, Hutt Valley
Applications close 5pm on 6 March 2017
Our Hutt Valley Centre is looking for a Coordinator. This is a permanent part-time position for 21.5 hours a week based in the Lower Hutt office.
English Language Partners New Zealand teaches English to adult refugees and migrants. Our community based programmes involve both paid staff and volunteers. The coordinator will support and contribute to the ongoing operation of the Hutt centre.
This role includes a balance of coordination, administration and facilitation tasks, as well as supporting and communicating with volunteers and learners to ensure the efficient running of the local service. Organising and facilitating training workshops for our volunteer tutors and maintaining an up-to-date resource library will also form part of the role.
The position requires excellent communication, interpersonal and intercultural awareness skills, along with highly competent computer literacy. Excellent organisational ability is essential. A qualification in TESOL, preferably with adults, is essential. The job will suit a person who is self-motivated, can work to deadlines and is able to accommodate occasional evening and weekend work.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- Skilled and experienced in coordination/administration
- Able to relate to people from different cultures and have strong communication skills
- Confident in facilitation and maintaining relationships
- Organised, and have attention to detail
- Honest and reliable, and have integrity
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to adapt easily to a busy working environment
- ESOL teaching qualification and experience (ideally with adults)
- Excellent IT skills (fast and accurate)
- Driver’s licence
Please email your CV with a covering letter and the completed Application Form that describes how you meet the job requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with Hutt Coordinator in the subject line.
Applications without a covering letter and completed Application Form will not be considered.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency.
We welcome new volunteers. Please visit Our Centres to find your closest training centre.
- Learn English
- Teach English
- For Employers
- Our Centres
- About Us
- Support Us